Welcome to Famous in Your Field! Enjoy your free weekly tip to boost your fame factor. (Be sure to sign up in the box on the right to get on The VIP List for free tips and training, delivered straight to your inbox.)
Treat time! Last week I interviewed author Josh Miles to get his take on Bold Brands and how they help win business, as well as how publishing a book is making him stand out as an expert in his field.
A little about Josh
Josh is the founder and principal of Miles Design, an award winning design firm based in Indianapolis, specializing in branding, strategy and web design for high-end professional services firms. Miles Design’s professional service clients achieve niche positioning through Bold Brand™—a multi-step process that uncovers the most compelling elements of an organization, then leverages their expertise for the greatest possible impact. Josh is highly sought after by architects, business coaches, attorneys, engineers, consultants and software companies.
Josh recently published a book with the Content Marketing Institute: Bold Brand: The new rules for differentiating, branding and marketing your professional services firm.
Why you should buy the book
This book is fantastic. If you’re in the professional services realm (meaning you sell your knowledge and expertise), this is a must read. It’s incredibly thorough, walking you through every step in the branding process, from determining your business goals, to differentiating (knowing how and why you’re different), to rolling out your new brand. Instead of being esoteric and artsy (as some books on the topic of branding can be) the Bold Brand writing style is friendly, entertaining and clear.
Best of all, the book is strong on the business benefits of branding: why you need to differentiate, how to tell when you’re not, and the strategy and exercises to do it effectively.
Here’s what you’ll discover in this interview:
- What makes a Bold Brand, why professionals (business owners, professional service providers) need to have a Bold Brand and what it will do for them.
- Why a strong, differentiated brand is far more cost-effective to market than an unprofessional, me-too product or service.
- The simple and smart steps of Josh’s proprietary Bold Brand framework. (You can use these to brand your own company or to select a stellar branding partner.) Pay special attention to Josh’s series of questions about business goals and objectives – this is pure gold.
- How to determine if you’re communicating with the megaphone or the wedge and which will lead to more business.
- The warning signs of a “bland brand.”
- Josh’s best sources of leads and clients for his own service business. (Hint: he’s doing it in the interview!)
- Tips on generating more leads from your speaking gigs.
- How Josh broke out of the pack of 200 million Americans who feel they “have a book in them” to get his own book written and published in just a few months AND the business impact of having a published book.
Watch it now:
But wait, there’s more! Get a discount on Bold Brand.
I’ve always wanted to say that and it’s true. Josh extended a super offer to anyone who’d like to get $5* big ones off the price of his book. Just go to BoldBrand.com and order your copy, using the promo code “LORI.” Josh will even inscribe it with a personal message. (Wouldn’t this make a great gift for a business colleague, client or prospect you want to impress?)
*(To get the $5 discount and the personal inscription, you must buy the book directly from the Bold Brand site by clicking on the big blue Order Now button, not the Amazon or iTunes links.)